"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up."
-Richard Avedon


contact me @ rachel.louise.photography@gmail.com

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dam Short Film Festival

So last night was an awesome night! I went to this event called the Dam Short Film Festival. It takes place in Boulder City, which is a super small town about a half hour outside of Las Vegas. I had never been to this town before, and I must say, I LOVED IT! It was super tiny, but very unique.

Anyways, the short film festival was awesome. I had a buddy of mine (Jeremy Helal) actually have his film featured in the show (which is an awesome accomplishment). Well I was asked by the Art Institute to take photographs of the event, which I was more than happy to do. The even actually lasted 3 nights, but I unfortunately had to work the rest of the nights. Friday, I went to a mixer party at the Boulder Dam Brewing Co., where I took photos of the all the film makers and their crew. It was simply amazing being able to meet these people. I met so many people from all over the place who really enjoy the same culture I do, which is really refreshing. I even networked like crazy, and got some possible job opportunities in Los Angeles.

So overall, it was an awesome experience! I got tons of great photos, met an amazing group of people, and saw some awesome films! Here are a few of my favorite shots!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rachel Louise Photography 2010