"If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up."
-Richard Avedon


contact me @ rachel.louise.photography@gmail.com

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chinese New Year

Today I had the opportunity to shoot the Chinese New Year event here at Treasure Island. It was actually the Dragon/Lion's Dance.
It was really such a fun time, just getting to experience something like this. It is so culturally different than anything I have ever experienced.
The Dragon dance is actually the group of people who are holding the long dragon supported by polls. The Lion Dance is the actual pair of people who are inside the costume/masks.
I just found it so interesting that these young people were putting on this show for so many people, and they were so wonderful at what they were doing.
Once again, another great experience I will never forget!













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rachel Louise Photography 2010